Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Veggie Project Internship

In one of my very first blog posts, I mentioned that I was interning with Vanderbilt Children's Hospital. I then neglected to go into much detail or follow up in another blog posts. My bad, yall.

I could sum up what it does in writing, but since anyone would rather watch a video than read my dumb blog, here's a video made by last years interns that explains the project (spoiler alert: I am not in this video. Sorry folks.)



This year's interns -- two college juniors, one college grad, a grad school student, and I, a punk high school grad with not much experience, -- helped add a number of new things to the project. For one, we had one less intern than the project had last year, but we increased our number of markets from six to eight. We also enhanced the project blog, drafted a really long and boring policies and procedures manual, and essentially kicked ass financially, cutting the budget by over 8,000 bucks and increasing revenue by 500 bucks compared to last year.

It was fun. I learned a lot. And the kids I worked with were totally awesome.

So... there you go. I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment